Monday, January 4, 2010

Hurting People Hurt People!

My Father was captured and tortured until he escaped while in the war.When he came home his wife had left him and taken all of his money!So you can imagine what my childhood was like.It seems all of the women who are like me(and I have met a lot)came from a house full of dysfunction and kayos.I was the classic people pleaser ,couldn't say no to save my life.My happiness came from making others happy.My Father died of lung cancer in 1995...he wanted a cigarette while in the hospital dying(darn addictions)!It hit me at that moment that no matter how hard I had tried to get him to stop smoking,he was going to do exactly what he wanted regardless of how much it hurt me.I could have loved him for who he was,but I was to emotional and sensitive to do so.I grew from that reality and knew I had a lot of work to do.My pregnancy gave me a good dose of panic which led to some serious soul searching.My healing process got a little easier when I started listening to positive things from people who wanted to help(Joyce Meyer and a few others).It felt like everything she talked about was something I needed to work on.For the first time in my life I got a journal and poured my heart out.It felt really weird,like I didn't want anyone to find it,but I kept going.This is the 10th year I have been listening and writing, so I am celebrating by reaching out to whomever I can that may need help just as I did.I would go on television but the economy and all :). It is my wish that you get my humor and understand that I don't think that I know everything about life. My passion is to free as many people as I can from the dysfunction that we were taught to live in.So realize that Hurting people Hurt people,but that doesn't mean that you deserve to be hurt.It means that we will find a way to keep those people who like to hurt out of our yards and hearts.Get ready to dig my friend,that is the only way to heal and gain self respect(insect repellent)!

No comments:

Post a Comment