Saturday, January 9, 2010

What if...

Not to sound morbid or anything,but what if you didn't wake up in the morning? What kind of stories would people tell about you? How would your children remember you? Would it be easy to sift through the things that you cherished most?We think about ourselves a lot, but not in the way of how we effect people!How do we touch others lives in a positive manner?If the person behind you at the grocery store has less items than you do,do you let them go ahead?Have you ever payed for the person behind you in the drive thru line, or gave food to the homeless at the park?Talk about a great feeling...these people on the receiving end don't really know what to think at first,but these memories stay with them forever.Unfortunately stress and other problems have a way of keeping these blessing's from happening.I was in the store a few days ago and this sweet little old man was riding in one of those electric scooters.I watched him struggle to get out of it and when he did he couldn't reach what he wanted.I walked past him,thinking of my own needs, but I didn't get far before that little voice said get yourself back there and help him! Twenty minutes later(thank God those baskets aren't very big haha) he had what he needed and I was late to pick up my son. I am so thankful that I don't have to shop in a scooter!Situations like this have such a powerful way of diverting all of the stupid stuff we have on our minds that get us down.No strength is greater than calmness, no power greater than peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment